In lieu of a normal Photo Friday, I have decided to announce a fun opportunity I would like to host! I've seen the idea around the web lately, and I really liked the idea that I could work on one project, and in return get a variety of activities that my little fifteen-month old can utilize.
What is a toddler busy bag? you might ask. Check out this link HERE to see some more ideas about what they are.
How did I stumble across this idea? I was researching ideas to help keep Cameron active and engaged while doing more hands on, learning activities. It's so easy to plop her in front of the TV with a snack, or let her chase me around while I do things, or turn on our tablet so that she can play. But I don't want that. She is obsessed with books and flipping through the pages, but I wanted more. So I researched more. And more. And more. I wanted something that was mobile, that could be utilized anywhere in the house, was easy to transport, etc.
Enter, Toddler Busy Bag idea. Enter, Toddler Busy Bag Swap idea.
While I would love to put all of these bags together, the idea of creating all of these different kinds seems tedious and time consuming - and I'm trying to allot my energy to other places these days as well. I love the idea of creating one type of bag, and receiving a variety in exchange for my efforts! Plus, this way you are only buying supplies for one type of bag, and aren't left over with tons of stuff you might not need.
So, here are the guidelines:
1. Keep each bag under $1.00 :: Some of the ideas we will share once the sign up is done, are just that, ideas. Ideas can be adapted and changed to fit the low-cost budget. And guess what, they can still be functional! Make sure to price out your materials prior to picking your bag when the time comes. All bags must be labeled and in a gallon sized zip lock-type bag.
2. You DO NOT need to laminate any papers included in your bag :: Individuals can laminate should the choose to. If you have the resources available to you and can do so, bonus! But it is not required.
3. Put together the kind of quality bag YOU would want to receive in return :: this is really important to remember! Of course we want to be cost effective, but we also want the bags to hold up under toddler usage.
4. Sign up is limited to ONE WEEK :: I will keep sign up for the Toddler Busy Bag Swap open for one full week - Friday, February 15, 2013 through Friday, February 22, 2013. I am going to put a cap at 20 people to sign up, and require a minimum of 10 for the event to take place. The first 20 people signed up are the first 20 that will be accepted - if we even reach this number :) You might say, well I don't have a toddler but I have an infant...SIGN UP! Your infant will be a toddler before you know it *tear*.
5. Exchange Plan :: Once the sign up deadline is closed and we have a better idea of participant numbers, we will then pick activities. Until then, check around on Pinterest. Google things. Get ideas. I will get in touch with everyone who signs up and create a Google Doc so everyone can see what is going on. An exchange date will be set, and will take place more than likely at my house.
Do you have additional questions???
Leave a comment below, and I will gladly answer any inquiries you might have.
Want to sign up???
Click Here to Add Your Name to the List
**Reminder** - Sign up is only for one full week, Friday-Friday. We will only make this happen if I can get a minimum of 10 people involved!